Two controversial authors debate the nature and methods of science, its dogmas, and its future. Rupert Sheldrake argues that science needs to free itself from materialist dogma while Michael Shermer contends that science, properly conceived, is a materialistic enterprise; for science to look beyond materialist explanations is to betray science and engage in superstition. Issues discussed include: ...
Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: Monkfish Book Publishing (October 25, 2016)
Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.5 x 8.5 inches
Amazon Rank: 1310853
Format: PDF ePub djvu book
reviews: What's interesting about this debate is that Shermer, who imagines himself to be the rationalist in the exchange, is actually the one who is relentlessly spouting pure dogmatism, while Sheldrake, often described as arrantly speculative, is the one ma...
- Arguing Science: A Dialogue on the Future of Science and Spirit epub
- Download Arguing Science: A Dialogue on the Future of Science and Spirit epub
- Arguing Science: A Dialogue on the Future of Science and Spirit txt
- 978-1939681577 pdf
- Download Rupert Sheldrake pdf
- Download Rupert Sheldrake ebooks
- Download Textbooks epub books
One of my very first reviews on Amazon was of for Philippe Petit's To Reach the Clouds; a link to th...
I discovered this series only recently and I can understand why, as I found out, it is such a world-...
I use this presently as a marker for the hymns selected for Sunday Mass. It allows me nearly instan...